We are a small company dedicated to our guests’ satisfaction. Unfortunately, some people have taken advantage of that. Due to a surge in scams, unreasonable requests, and extortion threats, we have instituted strict policies governing the issuance of refunds and credits. These policies are transparent, universal and will be followed strictly, no matter what the circumstances. Please review these policies and make sure you understand them.
- CANCELLATIONS: Cancellations are governed by the cancellation policy. These policy may be over-ridden by the policies of the website you booked from. Our current policy for cancellations is:
- Full refund up to 30 days prior to check-in
- 50% penalty from 30 days to 15 days prior to check-in
- No refunds within 14 days of check-in except for cleaning fee, insurance and pet or extra guest fees (NOTE: These may be rolled into the price of the property. Please ask for a folio to see the breakdown)
- CHANGES IN NUMBER OF OCCUPANTS can be made until day of check-in, subject to the maximum number of guests allowed at each property. These limits are based on healthy and safety regulations along with physical characteristics of each home.
- CHANGES IN DATES are equivalent to a cancellation and rebooking and subject to the same policy as cancellations. However, guests may add dates to their stay, subject to availability.
- MOVES TO A DIFFERENT PROPERTY are generally not possible because all of our properties are individually owned. However, we may be able to make exceptions for properties owned by the same person.
- ISSUES DURING A STAY:While we do our best to make sure homes and appliances are well maintained, issues will occasionally arise. For any issue:
- Guest must promptly inform the company of the issue
- If a significant issue is confirmed by our staff, it affects the habitability of the property (eg, no heat, no water, no electricity for more than 12 hours) and cannot be promptly addressed, guest may request to move to a different property, subject to availability. If another similar property is not available, guest may also be offered the option to terminate their rental and receive a full refund of the unused portion of their stay.
- If the guest chooses to stay, guest may be offered a partial credit towards a future stay based on the rental rate portion of the total paid (see note below).
Please refer to the table below for a list of most common occurrences, and related policy.
***NOTE: Refunds and credits are based on the rental rate portion of the total paid. Cleaning fees, linen rental fees, pet fees, insurance fees and any third party commissions are not refundable past check-in time. Credit card fees are never refundable. These fees may appeared rolled into the total at booking. Our staff will be happy to provide a breakdown of all fees***
|No heat for more than 12 hours
|Guests will have the option to relocate. If relocation is not desired, guests will be supported with space heater/supplemental heat to the best of our ability and receive a 50% credit towards a future stay for each 24 hour period that the issue persisted. If relocation is desired but not possible, guest will receive a prorated refund of the nightly rate, excluding fees described above.
|No Air Conditioning (Air Conditioned Units Only)
|If forecasted high is above 78F, guests will be offered the option to move if a comparable property is available or receive a $50/day credit for every day during their stay where the temperature exceed 78F for any portion of the day. No refunds if maximum temperature is below 78F.
|No Hot Water for more than 24 hours
|Guests will be offered a 50% credit or 35% refund for each 24 hour period without hot water, or option to relocate or terminate their stay with refund of the remaining portion of the stay
|Unusable Hot Tub/Pool
|Guests will be offered a $50/day credit
|No refund or credit as long as there is another functioning bathroom; a maintenance team member or plumber will address ASAP. If issues affects every bathroom (or there is only one bathroom), guest will be offered the option to relocate or terminate their stay with refund of the remaining portion of the stay
|Power Outage expected to last past 4pm
|Guests will have the option to relocate. If relocation is not desired, guests will receive a 50% credit of the rental rate towards a future stay for each 24 hour period that the issue persisted. If relocation is desired but not possible, guest will receive a prorated refund, excluding fees described above. Please note: does not apply to homes with functioning generators
|Generator malfunction (if equipped)
|Power outage policy for homes without generator applies
|Guests will have the option to relocate. If relocation is not desired, guests will be supported with a supplemental refrigerator (if possible) and receive a 30% credit towards a future stay for each 24 hour period that the issue persisted.
|Guests will have the option to relocate. If relocation is not desired, guests will receive a 25% credit towards a future stay for each 24 hour period that the issue persisted
|Guests will be provided with a replacement countertop microwave
|Guests will receive a 10% credit towards a future stay OR daily housekeeping that will handle the dishes
|We do our best to keep all fireplaces operational. Fireplaces are a decorative item and not meant for heating. Our staff will be happy to assist with troubleshooting or call a repair technician; however, no refunds or credits will be offered for malfunctioning fireplaces
|No refund or credit. If essential, guest can request to move. Alternatively, guest can request to move to a different unit (subject to availability).
|$20/day credit for a confirmed outage lasting more than 12 hours. Alternatively, guest can request to move to a different unit (subject to availability).
|Guests can request housekeeping or ozone remediation. No refunds or credits.
|Asian Lady Beetles and Cluster Flies
|Asian lady beetles and cluster fly swarm are a common occurrence in the fall in NH, usually on warm days following cold spells. They are a nuisance but completely harmless. Because chemical control is harmful, while the bug itself completely harmless, we do not routinely spray unless there is a known issue. If you encounter a problem during your stay, please let us know and our staff will be happy to assist. However we are unable to provide refunds or credits for this natural phenomenon.
|All of our homes receive regular pest prevention. However, given the location in a rural setting, occasionally a mouse will find their way in, especially if doors are left open even for a short time. The most common ones are Deer Mice – they are small, harmless and quite cute (in fact, they are also kept as pets!). Please inform our staff and they will be happy to assist in the elimination. If you are particularly fearful of rodents, please contact us prior to booking a home so that we can help you choose one that is less likely to experience any problems.
|All Other Issues
|Guests will receive a credit at the discretion of the property owner