With stunning natural scenery, fascinating history, and a vibrant community, Landaff is the perfect getaway for anyone looking to experience small-town New England charm. Explore the great outdoors by hiking the many trails in the nearby White Mountain National Forest or fishing in one of the local streams. Take in breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains, forests, and valleys from the top of nearby peaks like Mount Moosilauke. Or, relax and unwind in the peaceful tranquility of the countryside.
History buffs will love Landaff’s rich past. Visit the Landaff Historical Society Museum to learn about the town’s early settlers and explore the exhibits on local industry, farming, and daily life in the 1800s. Or, check out the nearby Cannon Mountain Aerial Tramway, which offers stunning views of the White Mountains and the surrounding area.
For a taste of New England hospitality, stop by one of Landaff’s many locally-owned shops and restaurants. Savor traditional New England fare like clam chowder, lobster rolls, and maple syrup, all made with the freshest local ingredients. No matter what you’re looking for, Landaff has something for everyone.
Things to do near Landaff, NH:
- Hiking: Landaff is surrounded by beautiful hiking trails, including the Appalachian Trail and Mount Moosilauke. Lace-up your boots and explore the scenic White Mountains region.
- Fishing: The Ammonoosuc River and other nearby streams are home to a variety of fish, including trout and salmon. Bring your rod and reel and try your luck on the water.
- Cannon Mountain Aerial Tramway: Take a ride up the mountain and enjoy stunning views of the surrounding mountains and valleys. The tramway operates from late spring through fall.
- Local shops and restaurants: Visit Landaff’s locally owned shops and restaurants to experience authentic New England hospitality and cuisine.
- Skiing and Snowboarding: During the winter months, hit the slopes at nearby Cannon Mountain Ski Resort or Loon Mountain Ski Resort for some downhill fun.
- Ice Climbing: For the more adventurous, try ice climbing in the White Mountains. Professional guides are available to teach the basics and provide equipment.
- Snowshoeing: Explore the winter wonderland of the White Mountains on snowshoes. Trails are available for all skill levels.
- Wildlife Watching: Keep your eyes peeled for wildlife like moose, black bears, and bald eagles in their natural habitats.
- Scenic Drives: Take a leisurely drive through the countryside and soak up the breathtaking views of the White Mountains and surrounding areas.
Here is one of our beautiful rental homes in Landaff NH