Founded in 1799, Bethlehem is a quaint village that was vital in developing the White Mountains, with visitors flocking to this high elevation town to enjoy its fresh, “allergy free” air. Today, it is a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts, art lovers, and history buffs. Brimming with a strong sense of community, Bethlehem offers old-fashioned festivals, outdoor concerts, art shows, live musical performances, antique shopping, restaurants, breweries, and coffee shops.
If you’re wondering what to do in Bethlehem NH, there are plenty of year-round outdoor activities. This includes cycling, which Bethlehem is one of only three newly certified Bike Friendly Communities nationwide! Mountains and forests surround the town, and there are several popular hiking trails. In the winter, there are opportunities for skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, and snowmobiling.
Bethlehem is also a great place to enjoy the arts. The Colonial Theatre is a historic theater that hosts a variety of performances, including plays, musicals, and concerts. The town also has several art galleries and studios.
Things to do in Bethlehem NH:
- See a show at the Colonial Theatre – The Colonial Theatre is a historic theater that hosts a variety of performances, including plays, musicals, and concerts.
- Explore the shops and restaurants in town – Bethlehem has a variety of shops and restaurants, so you can find something to suit your taste.
- Go for a hike in the White Mountains – The White Mountains are a beautiful mountain range perfect for hiking. There are a variety of trails to choose from, so you can find one that is right for you.
- Visit The Rocks Estate and Christmas Tree Farm – The Rocks Estate is a historic estate now home to a Christmas tree farm. Visitors can take a tour of the estate, go for a hike in the woods, or pick out their own Christmas tree.
- Explore The Gallery at WREN – it aims to set the standard for the North Country’s fine art galleries and offers an array of special events such as workshops, demonstrations, and artist talks.
- Go golfing – Bethlehem boasts two championship 18-hole golf courses designed by the legendary Donald Ross, the Bethlehem Country Club, and the Maplewood Golf Course.
- Visit Rek-Lis Brewing Company – enjoy their small-town craft beer and explore the brewery and restaurant.
Bethlehem NH rentals:
We have many amazing homes in Bethlehem like these: