Nestled in the heart of the White Mountains, Littleton is known for its stunning natural beauty and rich cultural heritage. Named the “Glad Town” for its historical ties to Pollyanna, written by Littleton author Eleanor Porter in 1913, it is the perfect destination for anyone looking to escape the hustle and bustle of city life and experience the tranquility of New England.
Whether you’re an outdoor enthusiast, a history buff, or simply looking for a relaxing getaway, Littleton has something to offer. Explore the majestic White Mountains on one of our many hiking trails, take a scenic drive along the Kancamagus Highway, or go skiing or snowboarding at nearby Cannon Mountain. For those who prefer indoor activities, there are plenty of art galleries, museums, and cultural events to enjoy.
Littleton is also home to a vibrant community of artists, artisans, and entrepreneurs. Stroll through our charming downtown, where you’ll find unique shops, galleries, and restaurants serving up delicious local fare. Be sure to visit the Littleton Area Chamber of Commerce for a full list of businesses and events in the area – there are tons of open air markets and arts events, and an amazing pumpkin display along the river for Halloween!
Things to do in Littleton NH:
- Hiking: Littleton is surrounded by the White Mountains, offering endless hiking and outdoor recreation opportunities. Some popular trails include Mount Lafayette, Franconia Ridge Trail, and the Appalachian Trail. For a “local” experience, try the popular Kilburn Crag trail, which will reward you with awesome views.
- Skiing and Snowboarding: Hit the slopes at nearby Cannon Mountain or Bretton Woods for some winter fun. Both resorts offer skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, and other winter activities.
- Littleton Farmers Market: Visit the Littleton Farmers Market to find locally sourced produce, baked goods, and artisanal crafts.
- Art Galleries and Museums: Littleton is home to a thriving arts community. Check out the Littleton Studio School Gallery, the Littleton Historical Museum, and the Chutters Candy Store.
- Shopping: Stroll through downtown Littleton and check out the unique shops, including the League of NH Craftsmen Gallery, the Northern Lights Music and Arts Center, and the Little Village Toy & Book Shop.
- Covered Bridges: Visit the historic covered bridges in the area, such as the Bath Covered Bridge and the Swiftwater Covered Bridge, and of course, the iconic Warren Truss Covered Bridge at the Riverwalk, right in downtown Littleton.
- Brewery Tours: Sample local brews and take a tour of local breweries, such as the popular Schilling Beer Co.
- Littleton Food Co-op: Visit the Littleton Food Co-op for locally sourced groceries, including organic and non-GMO products.
- White Mountains Attractions: Take a scenic drive on the Kancamagus Highway or visit popular White Mountains attractions such as the Flume Gorge, the Cannon Mountain Aerial Tramway, and the Mount Washington Cog Railway.