As easy as it may seem, this game has many quirks and intricacies that make it a somewhat formidable sport to play. From the focus it requires, the distances that need to be traveled within the course, to all of the micro-adjustments to be done before a shot, they all add up to the activity we love so much: golf.
There are several amazing golf courses in the Mountain Washington area:
- Mount Washington Course in Bretton Woods: This 18-hole course offers stunning views of the Presidential Mountain Range and was designed by Donald Ross, one of America’s most famous golf course architects. It’s consistently rated as the best golf course in New Hampshire.
- Mount Pleasant Course in Bretton Woods: Another historic option in Bretton Woods, this pas 35 course has also hosted a number of famous golfers.
- Owl’s Nest Golf Club: This 18-hole course is located in the foothills of the White Mountains and offers challenging play, with a variety of water features and elevation changes.
- North Conway Country Club: This classic 18-hole course offers a traditional New England golf experience, with tree-lined fairways and mountain views.
- Wentworth Golf Club: This 18-hole course is located in the heart of Jackson Village and offers a challenging round of golf with beautiful views of the surrounding mountains.
- Owl’s Nest Vineyard Course (formerly the White Mountain Country Club): This 18-hole course is situated in the foothills of the White Mountains and offers a challenging, yet playable layout with stunning scenery.
- Bethlehem Country Club: This 9-hole course offers a fun and challenging round of golf, with beautiful views of the surrounding mountains.
Each of these golf courses offers a unique experience, but all of them provide golfers with the opportunity to play in the beautiful setting of the White Mountains.
Book your vacation today and get out there and swing those clubs!