Whichever season or reason you’re visiting the White Mountains, packing for your trip can seem like a daunting task. You don’t want to forget something that could cost you a lot of money to replace or worse, something that can’t be replaced at all. We’ve created this Bretton Woods packing list to ensure to have everything you need for the best trip possible.
If you want all the best ways to fill your trip to the White Mountains, we’ll send you our free Bretton Woods Itinerary right to your email inbox! It’s filled with all our favorite things to do in the area no matter the season.
Your Essential Bretton Woods Packing List
If you are visiting in the winter, odds are you are coming for skiing, snowboarding, and other winter activities. There are many things you’ll need for a fun trip hitting the slopes.
While you’re flying down the ski slope with the wind in your face, you’re going to need lots of layers to stay warm and protect your skin from windburn.
- Base layer for top and bottom.
- Socks – ski or snowboard specific are best
- Insulating mid-layer like a fleece jacket
- Waterproof jacket and pants
- Stocking hat or baklava and helmet
- Neck gaiter
- Waterproof gloves or mittens
Although you can rent any equipment you’ll need for skiing or snowboarding at most ski centers, save on your trip and bring your own gear if you have it.
- Skis or snowboard
- Ski poles
- Ski boots or snowboard boots
- Hydration pack (optional)
Casual Winter Clothes
While you explore the rest of the White Mountains or lounge around your vacation rental, you’ll want some warm and comfy clothes.
- Sweatpants and/or leggings
- Warm jacket
- Winter hat
- Plenty of warm socks
- Warm boots/shoes with good traction in the snow
- Warm pants – jeans should work
- Long-sleeve tops
- Swimsuit – if you have access to a hot tub
Summer and Non-ski Seasons
There’s a lot to do in the beautiful White Mountains every season! Some of our favorite things include hiking, visiting the nearby amusement parks, and enjoying a local event.
- Athletic shorts or leggings
- Compression shorts or biker shorts
- Tank tops
- Athletic tops
- Jeans and other pants
- Short-sleeve tops
- Light jacket
- Clothes for lounging around like T-shirts and sweatpants
- Hiking boots
Things You’ll Always Need
- Face mask
- Tablet and charger
- Cell phone and charger
- Smartwatch and charger
- Headphones and charger
- Personal identification
- Passport for flying
- Boarding pass for flying
- Wallet (credit cards, debit cards, etc.)
- Body wash
- Comb or brush
- Blow dryer, hair straightener, etc.
- Hair gel, hair spray, leave-in conditioner, dry shampoo, etc.
- Lip Balm
- Nail clippers
- Water bottle to stay hydrated
- Travel-sized liquids for flying
Choose Bretton Woods Vacations
Now that you have your Bretton Woods packing list ready, it’s time to book your stay! Bretton Woods Vacations offers not only the best selection of rentals in Bretton Woods and the surrounding areas but also the best customer service. When you book with us, we promise you a stress-free experience from booking to check-out.
What are you waiting for? Browse our properties and start planning that mountain adventure you’ve been dreaming of!