The Basics: Groceries, Supplies and Liquor Stores
Basic needs, take-out and quick stops:
- Bretton Woods Market and Deli at the Irving Gas Station: A mile east of the Bretton Woods Ski Area on Route 302, it has a good selection of basic items – from coffee and milk to cereal and pasta. They also sell sandwiches, hamburgers and other prepared foods – which are quite good! There is also a limited selection of alcoholic beverages.
- Foster’s Crossroads: A quick 4-mile drive west of Bretton Woods on 302 in Twin Mountain is well stocked with basic food items and necessities as well as a hardware store and souvenirs. There is also a limited selection of alcoholic beverages. A true general store!
- Yaya's Market and Deli in Twin Mountain: a local deli with GREAT food and a good selection of basic supplies, and very friendly staff!
- Catalano's Pizza in Twin Mountain: a local favorite for pizza, subs, ice cream and more!
- Mack's Market in Whitefield, about 15 miles from Bretton Woods, near the center of town. It’s a small but well stocked supermarket.
- Mac’s Market in Franconia , about 17 miles from Bretton Woods: convenient if you're skiing Cannon Mountain or visiting Franconia Notch. Very similar to the one in Whitefield – small but well stocked!
- Shaw’s in LIttleton: about 19 miles away, this is the closets place if you prefer to visit a larger supermarket, and don’t mind driving an additional distance.
- Littleton Coop: A fantastic option! Similar to Whole Foods, but not as expensive – high quality food and a large selection of local and organic options, and a great international selection!
- Big Papa's at 387 Meadow Street in Littleton: straight from the Boston produce market, a fantastic selection of vegetables and fruit at great prices. Only open Thursday through Saturday, when all that's left is auctioned off! A fun way to get your veggies.
Most convenience stores and grocery stores carry a variety of beer and wine options including the options listed above. Liquor can be purchased from NH Liquor Stores in the following local locations. You may want to verify the hours of these venues as some are not open during later hours.:
- NH Liquor and Wine Outlet in Whitefield on Lancaster Road past the center of town.
- NH Liquor and Wine Outlet in Littleton on Meadow Street near the Hampton Inn.
For a complete list of options, please visit the NH Liquor and Wine Outlet website
Firewood bundles can be purchased 24/7 from Drummond's, the ski shop right across the gas station in Bretton Woods While there, don't forget to check out their awesome selection of ski and outdoor gear!